Impromptu Christmas Photo Shoot | A Day in the Life of Kate + Tony

Thursday, December 26, 2013

We were driving home on Christmas night after spending time with both of our families. I was feeling a little sad because I was regretting that I didn't pull my camera out enough and capture all of the candid moments that happen on Christmas. So, Since we were in need of our annual "Christmas Day" picture, and running out of daylight, we slowed the car to a stop and took a back road to get away from the busy highway. I set my camera on the trunk, hit the 10 second timer, and ran back and forth in the freezing wind as we captured a little glimpse into our Christmas day. The sky was perfect. My favorite kind of sunset where the colors are so soft and pastel, like God painted a watercolor for us to use for our backdrop :)


Chevy was restless, the photos are blurry, and we were freezing cold. But despite all of this, I think they turned out perfect.

I encourage everyone to do more of this in their lives.

Be spontaneous. Adventurous. Impulsive.

Pull over on the side of the road and take 5 minutes of your life to capture silly little moments that you can hold onto forever. Bring your camera everywhere and take more pictures to document your life and leave your legacy behind.

As we drove away Tony said to me… "we should do that more often". And I couldn't agree with him more.
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground