Settling In | My Gypsy Life

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Ahhhh. It's that time again. Tony and I moved into our cozy new apartment, nestled in a new development with open fields for Chevy to run and explore. The walls are white, the windows are big, and we filled it with rustic barn wood and vintage finds… which makes me one happy girl.


Until 2010, I lived in the same house my whole life. A quaint house in the country surrounded by woods and silence where my parents raised 3 kids. Then in 2010, I graduated high school and moved out of my parents house- like every other 18 year old on the planet. Since then, I have moved 8 times. I think that's pretty normal when your in your 20's though, right?! It may sound odd, but find it rather refreshing. Each time I have moved resembles a time that I took a chance, and grasped onto an opportunity that pulled me across the state. Wether that be moving into my college dorm for the first time, building a house with the love of my life, or living in our friends' shed while we waited for our new house to be finished!

This time, when I was unpacking all my things I came across an old forgotten about notebook full of quotes, thoughts, and dreams that I had about life and business. One page I came across was empty except for a few simple words that made my eyes brighten and my heart smile:

"If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it."

Tony made me a chalk board not to long ago and I like to write meaningful thoughts or bible verses on it. The other night I was staring at it, blankly. Not sure how to put my thoughts in a few short words that would fit on the board.

I asked Tony, "What should I write on the board this week?"
He replied "Write something about our new home. And this new chapter of our life… "

Of course, this is what came to mind- after seeing it in my notebook that day.


I have moved a lot because I have been chasing dreams and taking chances. With Thanksgiving coming up tomorrow, I just wanted to say how thankful I am that God has given me such amazing opportunities and the courage to take these chances with my life, and always dare to dream. And I am so thankful that he has blessed me with some extraordinary, inspiring, and supportive loved ones to walk through life with.

Cheers to settling in to a new home, and cheers to a very thankful thanksgiving.
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground